HOW TO..... Create a treasury on Etsy.com
For those of you who are new to Etsy or have just never got round to it, a treasury is a way to showcase sellers items, they can be extremely artistic and visually appealing and a lot of fun to make.
So if you're not sure how to go about it this blog post is for you!
1. To create a new treasury click on this link http://www.etsy.com/treasury or you can click 'Buy' on the site and then 'Explore Treasury'
2. Click on 'Create List' (shown below)
3. You then have your blank treasury page, enter your title for the treasury which briefly describe the theme, mine was 'Hubby for Valentine's I would Love...'
You can then write a longer description in the 'Description' box, I have explained that this treasury is part of a team challenge and this is my Valentines wish list.
You must make sure that the 'Everyone' box is selected or only you will be able to see your treasury.
4. Tags - these are important for people to be able to find your treasury, so I have included the team tag and Valentine's day tags.
5. Start to add your products! This is the fun part. I usually open another tab of browser window and start searching for products using whatever search terms are relevant.
You copy the link from the browser window (highlight and ctrl + C) and then paste it into the little box where it says Listing Url ( ctrl button + V)
6. Once you have got most or all of the items into your treasury you might want to start to play around with them to make the treasury more asthtically pleasing.
To do this you simply click on the product and keeping the button pressed drag the product down to a different square. If you hover over the product you will notice it says edit or remove.
So you can if you wish remove products and replace them with others.
7. My completed treasury - Ta Da!
If you would like to make a suggestion for a topic we can cover in our 'How To' section or would like to contribute to out 'Expert Advice' feature then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org