Tuesday, 10 May 2011

Featured Seller

This weeks Featured Seller Interview is with SherryAnn of Retroimagination



Please introduce yourself and your business
Hello kindred spirits.  My name is SherryAnn and I started my business, Retromagination, in January 2011.  Retromagination is a shop filled with treasures I have found including antiques as well as vintage and retro clothing, jewelry and accessories.
When did you establish your business?
January 2011


What prompted you to start your own business?
I have always loved to share the treasures I find with others.  Previously I sold antiques and vintage through the B&B I owned and operated, as well as participating in an antiques co-op style shop.  When I was made redundant at the end of 2010; I decided now was the time to follow my passion.


What are you doing when you’re not creating? 
I am always on the hunt for new treasures; either in reality or in my head! I love to travel and explore new cultures and history in different countries.  I also enjoy writing and photography.  I am lucky to share these passions with my husband.


What would people be surprised to learn about you?
That my previous career life was as a mental health therapist.

What is your favourite…? Colour: Animal: Season: Movie: Book: Blog?
I love all colours, animals and seasons.  This goes with my need for variety and exposure to new and interesting things and adventures, as well as my passion for history and things from previous centuries and cultures.
My favourite music is anything by the Cowboy Junkies.
One of my favourite books is Four Letters of Love by Niall Williams, and one of my favourite movies is the Triplets of Belleville (it's one of the few I can watch over and over again!)

When did you first start working in your chosen discipline?
As a child, my grandparents were in the antiques business.  They started my “collecting” from about age 2! I always loved assisting them and learned at an early age that the hunt for treasure is one of life's greatest pleasures!

What inspires you? 
Cultures, history, people and their art/craft work.  And most especially, travel to new places.
What’s your favorite piece of work that you have created?
I have many favourites that end up in my shop (many that are very hard to part with).  However, I love the thought of someone else discovering my treasure and wanting to love and own it for a while!  One of my current favourites is the fabulous Art Deco car coat I have listed. (pictured left)

What are you working on at the moment?
Planning further travels to continue the hunt for treasures!  The top 5 places on my list currently are Greece, Portugal, Barcelona (Spain), Cinque Terre (Italy) and the Channel Islands (UK).

How did you hear about Etsy?
A couple old high school friends discovered Etsy and opened shops.  I was inspired by the beautiful things available on Etsy and I thought it far exceeded other website based shopping sites.
What do you like about being part of Etsy? 
The teams and sense of community are very important to me.  I like the constructive criticism and warm fuzzy support you can get from such a variety of amazing people. I could only shop on Etsy and never anywhere else, there is so much great stuff out there!



Where else do you sell your work?  
From my home currently however I wouldn't mind joining a small co-op shop in a little village nearby if the opportunity ever arose.

What are your goals for the future, both work wise and life?
Of course I would love to have enough success on Etsy to not have to do other work other than maybe some writing professionally.  I would like to continue to travel for the rest of my life as often as possible and I hope there is never a time when I cannot do that.  My husband, my soul partner in life and in this adventure, is my co-travelling/co-authoring foundation.

Do you have any tips or inspiring words for others? 
Jump off that cliff!  It's worth every thrilling second!

Retroimagination can be found online@



Blog: www.Retromagination.com

SherryAnn would like to offer British Sellers on Etsy Blog readers a reduction in shipping on any order, small or large. 
"Just convo me before purchase!  I will honor this offer for a month following publication on the blog/website."



1 comment:

Marta Benicá said...

Olá, passei para conhecer, visitar e seguir. Um abraço, Marta. se desejar venha me visitar também, será muito bem vinda.
HTTP://MARTABENICA.COM.BR/ARTES